We have just completed a great Synod meeting, held at Kormilda College in Darwin. Highlights from the Synod include:
- Opening worship, where Moderator Stuart McMillan challenged us to live as the ‘called-out ones’;
- Hearing of Bible translation activity being supported through Coordinate;
- Praise and other singing led by our East Arnhem members and the Pod 6 choir with ukulele backup;
- Singing in many languages: Pitjantatjara, Bahasa, Maori, Yolngu Matha and English;
- Studies led by Cor Koole, especially the stories of call shared by our panel members;
- Time for sharing stories of what God is doing across our amazing Synod;
- Receiving reports from NRCCs four Area Ministry Councils, our church agencies and our two Presbyteries;
- Learning that Synod finances are in a ‘healthy’ state;
- Passing proposals concerning dialysis in Central Australia, alcohol in Alice Springs, coal seam gas and cuts to non-government agencies. The resolutions will be on the Synod website shortly;
- Spending time in both Synod and our two Presbyteries for sharing and to deal with business.
- That the Northern Synod, in conjunction with the NRCC, undertakes an investigation into the dialysis needs throughout the Northern Synod.
Thanks Be To God.
Peter Jones, General Secretary