3rd January, 2020
Greetings Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
The members of the Moderator Nominating Committee (MNC) have been endorsed by the Synod Standing Committee (SSC): Ps Yurranydjil Dhurrkay, Dr Steve Bevis, Rev Michelle Cook and Stuart McMillan (Convenor).
We ask you to join us to pray for the people with the gifts and graces for the ministry of Moderator.
- A nominee for Moderator will be a person of deep personal faith, a person of prayer and open to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- A nominee for Moderator must be able to communicate the vision of the Synod for God’s Mission through the Church, to the Church.
- A nominee for Moderator will be asked to encourage and enable leadership across the breadth and depth of the Synod. Together with encouraging and facilitating emerging leadership.
- A nominee for Moderator will be asked to exercise spiritual and pastoral oversight for the whole Church.
- A nominee for Moderator will be the public representative of the Church in all matters including advocacy and will therefore need to be able to express our theological understandings to the wider community.
- A nominee for Moderator is a leader who will join with our ecumenical partners in Christ in worship, witness and mission on behalf of the Synod.
The Committee will complete its task by the end of May 2020. If you have questions about the process, want any information, or are praying about a particular nominee for Moderator, then please do not hesitate to contact me on the email or mobile below at any time throughout the process.
I pray that each of you and your family and community has experience Immanu’el in unique ways during this Christmas season. We must continual to uphold family and friends in the South experiencing the horrors of the bush fires that they too experience the love, comfort and sustaining strength of Immanu’el at this time and in the months ahead.
Grace and peace, Stu.
Moderators Nominating Committee
Northern Synod UCA
M: 0400 831 064