Pray for our Synod 1
Dear Christian friends, the annual meeting of the Northern Synod is coming soon, 26-27 October, along with meetings of the NRCC and Pilgrim Presbyteries on 25 October.
We are asking you to pray for those October meetings as congregations and individual Christians. As the meeting draws closer, I will send some specific prayer points about the issues we will need to consider.
For this first Prayer Letter, we ask you to pray for God’s blessings on: The two who will be representing your congregation at the Presbytery and Synod, for their good preparation, wisdom, and openness to the Holy Spirit
- Those organising the meetings, including the teams for worship, transport, music, communication, translation, and communication
- The Moderator and General Secretary who will be central to our gathering
- The Opening Celebration Service to be held at 7 pm on Friday 25th October at the Orange C3 Theatre of Charles Darwin University (CDU):
- That UCA people from across Darwin come and join in worship together
- That the joy of our Synod’s diversity of language, culture, and faith shine out in ways that reach people’s hearts
- For those who will need to travel across the vast distances of our Synod – that they may arrive safely and ready for God’s work together
Blessings and thanks, Lee Levett-Olson
Intentional Interim PPNA Presbytery Minister / Chairperson