Purpose of the Position
To provide bookkeeping and administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer of the Northern Synod.
The position is accountable to the Chief Financial Officer of the Northern Synod.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bookkeeping skills to trial balance stage using M.Y.O.B. Premier accounting software or similar
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Skills and experience in secretarial tasks and general office procedures
- High level of computer competency using Microsoft Office software in Windows environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience with payroll preparation (preferably using Attache)
- NT Drivers Licence
Accounts payable and receivable
Data entry to trial balance stage
- Processing of transactions on behalf of congregations and their activities
- Receipting, banking and filing of documents
- Preparation of accounts reports using MYOB
- Payroll including PAYG, Deductions and Superannuation returns
- Preparation of Business Activity Statements
- Petty Cash – Maintenance of a float and recording
- Preparation of spreadsheets
- Secretarial support to the Chief Financial Officer of the Northern Synod.
- Assist the Senior Book Keeper as and when required
- Such other duties as required by the Chief Financial Officer of the Northern Synod.
Annual Leave – 6 weeks with Loading on 4 weeks
Long Service Leave – in accordance with NT legislation
Sick Leave – 10 days per annum
Superannuation – in accordance with government legislation
Please forward your application, including your resume and references to:
The Chief Financial Officer
The Uniting Church in Australia – Northern Synod
P O Box 38221
Winnellie, NT 0821
Or my email to: email@example.com
Applications close on 20 May 2017.